- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 27. Department of Education and Early Development
- Section 52. Powers of Council.
previous: Section 50
. Duties of Council.
next: Section 54
. Powers of Chairman.
AS 44.27.052. Powers of Council.
- (a) The council may
- (1) hold public and private hearings;
- (2) enter into contracts, within the limit of funds available, with individuals, organizations, and institutions for
services furthering the educational objectives of the council's programs;
- (3) enter into contracts, within the limit of funds available, with local and regional associations for cooperative
endeavors furthering the educational objectives of the council's programs;
- (4) accept gifts, contributions, and bequests of unrestricted funds from individuals, foundations, corporations, and other
organizations or institutions for the purpose of furthering the educational objectives of the council's programs; and
- (5) make and sign agreements and do and perform any acts necessary to carry out the purposes of AS 44.27.040
- (b) The council may request and is entitled to receive from any department, division, board, bureau, commission, or agency
of the state the assistance and data that will enable it properly to carry out its powers and duties. The council is
authorized to receive state funds made available for its purposes.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.