- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 27. Department of Education and Early Development
- Section 50. Duties of Council.
previous: Section 45
. Chairman and Vice-Chairman.
next: Section 52
. Powers of Council.
AS 44.27.050. Duties of Council.
The duties of the council are
- (1) to stimulate and encourage throughout the state the study and presentation of the performing, visual, and fine arts
and public interest and participation;
- (2) to make surveys, which are considered advisable, of public and private institutions engaged in the state in artistic
and cultural activities, including but not limited to music, theatre, dance, painting, sculpture, architecture, and
allied arts and crafts, and to make recommendations concerning appropriate methods to encourage participation in and
appreciation of the arts to meet the legitimate needs and aspirations of persons in all parts of the state;
- (3) to take steps necessary and appropriate to encourage public interest in the cultural heritage of the state and to
expand the state's cultural resources;
- (4) to encourage and assist freedom of artistic expression essential for the well being of the arts;
- (5) to manage the art in public places fund;
- (6) to administer the provisions of AS 45.65 relating to the
identification seal for authentic Native handicrafts made in the state and adopt regulations to carry out those
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.