- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 21. Department of Administration
- Section 258. Membership and Term of Office.
previous: Section 256
. Creation of Alaska Public Broadcasting Commission.
next: Section 260
. Compensation and Expenses.
AS 44.21.258. Membership and Term of Office.
- (a) The commission consists of nine members appointed by the governor, without regard to political affiliation, subject to
confirmation by a majority of the members of the legislature in joint session. In making appointments to the
commission, the governor shall give due consideration to representation from such fields as higher education,
elementary and secondary education, communications, commercial broadcasting, public health, public works, labor,
commerce, and the professions. Members may be removed only for cause.
- (b) The members of the commission shall serve staggered terms of five years.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.