- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 19. Office of the Governor
- Section 145. Functions and Duties of the Office; Authority to Establish Coordinating and Advisory Planning Groups.
previous: Section 144
. Powers and Duties of the Director.
next: Section 147
. Internal Audit Records.
AS 44.19.145. Functions and Duties of the Office; Authority to Establish Coordinating and Advisory Planning Groups.
- (a) The office shall
- (1) provide technical assistance to the governor and the legislature in identifying long range goals and objectives for
the state and its political subdivisions;
- (2) prepare and maintain a state comprehensive development plan;
- (3) provide information and assistance to state agencies to aid in governmental coordination and unity in the preparation
of agency plans and programs;
- (4) review planning within state government as may be necessary for receipt of federal, state, or other funds;
- (5) participate with other countries, provinces, states, or subdivisions of them in international or interstate planning,
and assist the state's local governments, governmental conferences, and councils in planning and coordinating their
- (6) encourage educational and research programs that further state planning and development, and provide administrative
and technical services for them;
- (7) publish statistical information or other documentary material that will further the provisions and intent of AS 44.19.141
- (8) assist the governor and the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development in coordinating state agency
activities that have an effect on the solution of local and regional development problems;
- (9) serve as a clearinghouse for information, data, and other materials that may be helpful or necessary to federal,
state, or local governmental agencies in discharging their respective responsibilities or in obtaining federal or state
financial or technical assistance;
- (10) review all proposals for the location of capital improvements by any state agency and advise and make recommendations
concerning location of these capital improvements;
- (11) [Repealed, E.O. No. 106, Sec. 15 (2003)].
- (12) conduct internal audits of agencies and programs within the executive branch of state government.
- (b) The office shall, in carrying out its functions, consult with local, regional, state and federal officials, private
groups and individuals, and with officials of other countries, provinces, and states, and may hold public hearings to
obtain information for the purpose of carrying out the provisions of AS 44.19.141
- (c) The governor may establish coordinating or advisory planning groups.
- (d) The office shall
- (1) coordinate its services and activities with those of other state departments and agencies to the fullest extent
possible to avoid duplication;
- (2) [Repealed, Sec. 35 ch 126 SLA 1994].
- (3) cooperate with the University of Alaska and other appropriate public and private institutions in research and
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.