- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 19. Office of the Governor
- Section 144. Powers and Duties of the Director.
previous: Section 143
next: Section 145
. Functions and Duties of the Office; Authority to Establish Coordinating and Advisory Planning Groups.
AS 44.19.144. Powers and Duties of the Director.
- (a) The director shall
- (1) supervise and administer the activities of the office;
- (2) advise the governor on matters of comprehensive state planning.
- (3) [Repealed, Sec. 35 ch 126 SLA 1994].
- (b) The director may
- (1) with the written concurrence of the governor, enter into contracts and subcontracts on behalf of the state to carry
out the provisions of AS 44.19.141
- 44.19.152; contracting under this paragraph is
governed by AS 36.30 (State Procurement Code);
- (2) act for the state in the initiation, investigation, evaluation of or participation in any program relative to the
stated purpose of AS 44.19.141 - 44.19.152 that may involve more than one government or
- (3) on behalf of the state, accept and expend any gifts or grants made to the state with the approval of the governor when
the gifts or grants were made for the purposes of furthering the objectives of the office.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.