- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 90. Alaska Gasline Inducement Act
- Section 190. Legislative Approval; Issuance of License.
previous: Section 180
. Notice to Legislature of Intent to Issue License; Denial of License.
next: Section 200
. Certification by Regulatory Authority and Project Sanction.
AS 43.90.190. Legislative Approval; Issuance of License.
- (a) After the presiding officer of each house of the legislature receives a determination from the commissioners
under AS 43.90.180 , the rules committee of each house of the legislature shall
introduce a bill in the committee's respective chamber that provides for the approval of the license proposed to be issued by the
- (b) If a bill approving the issuance of the license passes the legislature within 60 days after the last date a
presiding officer receives a determination by the commissioners under AS 43.90.180 , the commissioners shall issue the license as soon as
practicable after the effective date of the Act approving the issuance of the license.
- (c) Notwithstanding a legislative rule that prohibits the carryover of a bill after the end of a special session
or after the end of a regular session of a legislature, a bill introduced under (a) of this section that is not passed or not withdrawn,
defeated, vetoed, or indefinitely postponed shall be carried over to any subsequent regular or special legislative session convened
during the 60-day period described in (b) of this section in the same reading or status it was in at the time of adjournment. However,
a bill introduced under (a) of this section may not be carried over to the first regular session of a legislature.
- (d) If the legislature fails to approve the issuance of the license, the commissioners
- (1) may not issue the license that the legislature failed to approve; and
- (2) may request new applications for a license under AS 43.90.120 .
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.