- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 82. Alaska Stranded Gas Development Act
- Section 900. Definitions.
previous: Section 640
. Annual Report of the Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development.
next: Section 990
. Short Title.
AS 43.82.900. Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise,
- (1) "affected municipality" means an economically affected municipality or a revenue-affected municipality;
- (2) "commencement of commercial operations" means the start of regular deliveries of marketable products from an approved
- (3) "cubic foot of gas" means the quantity of gas contained in a volume of one cubic foot at a standard temperature of 60
degrees Fahrenheit and a standard absolute pressure of 14.65 pounds per square inch;
- (4) "economically affected municipality" means a municipality the commissioner of revenue determines will be reasonably
required to provide additional public services under the terms proposed in an application approved under AS 43.82.140
(a); the commissioner may consider historical data from construction of the Trans Alaska Pipeline System, and
information submitted by a municipality in making the determination;
- (5) "economic proximity" means the distance within which a person may be willing to design, construct, and operate a gas
line to provide service to a local consumer;
- (6) "economic rent" means the estimated total gross revenue less estimated total costs for a qualified project over the
term of a contract under AS 43.82.020
, measured in undiscounted nominal dollars; for purposes of this paragraph, total costs do not include a rate of return
on capital, financing costs, or any payments to governments;
- (7) "full project funding" means full approval by a party to a contract under AS 43.82.020
for the expenditure of the capital necessary for construction and operation of the approved qualified project that is
subject to the contract;
- (8) "gas" has the meaning given in AS 43.55.900
- (9) "group" means two or more persons;
- (10) "lease or property" has the meaning given in AS 43.55.900
- (11) "periodic payment" means payment made in lieu of one or more other taxes under a contract under AS 43.82.020
- (12) "revenue-affected municipality" means a municipality that the commissioner of revenue reliably expects will be
restricted from imposing a tax, or a portion of a tax, as a result of implementation of a contract developed under this
- (13) "stranded gas" means gas that is not being marketed due to prevailing costs or price conditions as determined by an
economic analysis by the commissioner for a particular project.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.