- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 77. Fishery Resource Landing Tax
- Section 20. Filing Return and Payment of Tax.
previous: Section 15
. Obligations and Payments Under Fishery Cooperative Contracts.
next: Section 30
. Credit For Other Taxes Paid.
AS 43.77.020. Filing Return and Payment of Tax.
- (a) A person subject to the tax under this chapter shall file a return stating the value of fishery resources landed in
the state that are subject to the tax, the point of landing of the fishery resource, and other information the
department requires by regulation.
- (b) The return shall be made on the basis of the calendar year and is due before April 1 after the close of the calendar
year, and any unpaid tax shall be paid with the return.
- (c) The department may, under regulations it adopts, grant a reasonable extension of time for the filing. A grant of an
extension of time for filing does not extend the time for payment of the tax.
- (d) A person subject to the tax under this chapter shall make quarterly payments of the tax estimated to be due for the
year, as required under regulations adopted by the department. A taxpayer will be subject to an estimated tax penalty,
determined by applying the interest rate specified in AS 43.05.225
to the underpayment for each quarter, unless the taxpayer makes estimated tax payments in equal installments that
- (1) at least 90 percent of the taxpayer's tax liability under this chapter for the tax year; or
- (2) at least 100 percent of the taxpayer's tax liability under this chapter for the prior tax year.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.