- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 76. Fisheries Taxes and Assessments
- Section 270. Funding For Qualified Salmon Fishery Associations.
previous: Section 260
. Collection of Assessment.
next: Section 280
AS 43.76.270. Funding For Qualified Salmon Fishery Associations.
- (a) The legislature may make appropriations of revenue collected under AS 43.76.260
to the Department of Fish and Game for funding of the qualified salmon fishery association for the fishery in which
the assessment was collected. Funds received under this section by a qualified salmon fishery association may be
expended in accordance with the annual operating plan developed under (b) of this section.
- (b) The Department of Fish and Game may assist a salmon fishery association in developing an annual operating plan. The
annual operating plan must describe the activities for which the association intends to expend the funding received
under this section, including consolidation of the fishing fleet in the salmon fishery, financial assistance to permit
holders in the fishery to promote consolidation of the fishing fleet for the fishery, and administrative activities of
- (c) A qualified salmon fishery association receiving funding under this section shall submit an annual report to the
Department of Fish and Game and to the members of the association describing the activities of the association and how
those activities are consistent with the articles of incorporation and bylaws of the association.
- (d) This section does not establish a dedication of a state tax or license.
- (e) This section does not restrict or qualify the authority of the Department of Fish and Game or the Board of Fisheries
under AS 16.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.