- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 75. Fisheries Business License and Taxes
- Section 30. Filing Return and Payment of Tax.
previous: Section 20
. Application For License.
next: Section 32
. Tax Credit For Scholarship Contributions.
AS 43.75.030. Filing Return and Payment of Tax.
- (a) A person subject to the tax shall file a return stating the value of fisheries resources processed during the license
year, computed as required by this chapter, and such other information as the department prescribes by regulation. The
return must show the license number and must be signed by the taxpayer or an authorized agent, under penalty of unsworn
falsification in the second degree. If a receiver, trustee, or assign is operating the property or business, that person shall file the
return for the person. A tax due on the basis of such a return shall be collected in the same manner as if collected
from the person of whose business the receiver, trustee, or assign has custody and control.
- (b) The return shall be made on the basis of the calendar year to the department at Juneau before April 1 after the close
of the calendar year.
- (c) The department may adopt regulations for the granting of a reasonable extension of time for filing and may grant an
extension of time for filing.
- (d) Except for tax paid monthly under AS 43.75.055
(c)(1), the tax shall be paid before April 1 after the close of the calendar year.
- (e) Every person engaging or attempting to engage in a business for which a license is required under this chapter shall
keep records, make statements under oath, file returns, and comply with all regulations that the commissioner may
- (f) When the department considers it is necessary, it may require a person, by notice served upon the person, to file a
return, make such statements under oath, or keep and display to it such records as it considers sufficient to show the
tax for which the person is liable. If a person fails to file a return as prescribed by law or by regulation, or makes,
willfully or otherwise, a false or fraudulent return, the department shall make the return from the information that it
can obtain. A return made by the department is prima facie good and sufficient for all legal purposes.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.