- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 50. Tobacco Taxes and Sales
- Section 780. Injunction.
previous: Section 770
. Determination of Cost of Cigarettes Purchased Outside of Ordinary Channels of Trade.
next: Section 790
. Administration of AS 43.50.710
AS 43.50.780. Injunction.
- (a) The department or a person injured by a violation or who would suffer from any threatened violation of AS 43.50.710
- 43.50.849 may maintain an action to prevent,
restrain, or enjoin the violation or threatened violation. If, in the action, a violation or threatened violation of AS
- 43.50.849 is established, the court may enjoin and
restrain or otherwise prohibit the violation or threatened violation, and the court shall assess the costs of
reasonable attorney fees against the defendant. In the action, it is not necessary that actual damages to the plaintiff
be alleged or proved, but, if actual damages are alleged and proved, the plaintiff, in addition to injunctive relief
and costs, including reasonable attorney fees, may recover actual damages.
- (b) If injunctive relief is not requested or required, a person injured by a violation of AS 43.50.710
- 43.50.849 may maintain an action for damages in the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.