Alaska Statutes.
Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
Chapter 40. Motor Fuel Tax
Section 30. Refund For Nonhighway Use.
previous: Section 25. Handling of Tax in Sales or Transfers of Motor Fuel in Certain Credit Transactions.
next: Section 35. Other Refunds and Credits.

AS 43.40.030. Refund For Nonhighway Use.

(a) Except as specified in AS 43.40.010 (j), a person who uses motor fuel to operate an internal combustion engine is entitled to a refund of six cents a gallon if

(1) the tax on the motor fuel has been paid;

(2) the motor fuel is not aviation fuel, or motor fuel used in or on watercraft; and

(3) the internal combustion engine is not used in or in conjunction with a motor vehicle licensed to be operated on public ways.

(b) The entire tax levied by this chapter shall be refunded to the purchaser on that part of the motor fuel used in a foreign country on which the tax has been paid when the fuel is sold and delivered in the state for non-highway use in a foreign country.

(c) The department shall establish the necessary regulations and prescribe the appropriate forms to prove that the motor fuel is taken to and used in foreign countries.

(d) If a person obtains motor fuel on which the tax levied by this chapter has been paid and the motor fuel is exempt from the tax, the person is entitled to a refund of the tax paid.

All content © 2008 by Touch N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.

Note to HTML Version:

This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We hope you find this information useful.