- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 23. Permanent Fund Dividends
- Section 55. Duties of the Department.
previous: Section 50
. Dividend Fund Established. [Repealed, Sec. 22 Ch 102 SLA 1982].
next: Section 60
. Duties of the Department. [Repealed, Sec. 22 Ch 102 SLA 1982].
AS 43.23.055. Duties of the Department.
The department shall
- (1) annually pay permanent fund dividends from the dividend fund;
- (2) subject to AS 43.23.011
and paragraph (8) of this section, adopt regulations under AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act) that establish procedures and
time limits for claiming a permanent fund dividend; the department shall determine the number of eligible applicants by
October 1 of the year for which the dividend is declared and pay the dividends by December 31 of that year;
- (3) adopt regulations under AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act)
that establish procedures and time limits for an individual upon emancipation or upon reaching majority to apply for
permanent fund dividends not received during minority because the parent, guardian, or other authorized representative
did not apply on behalf of the individual;
- (4) assist residents of the state, particularly in rural areas, who because of language, disability, or inaccessibility to
public transportation need assistance to establish eligibility and to apply for permanent fund dividends;
- (5) use a list of individuals ineligible for a dividend under AS 43.23.005(d) provided annually by the Department of
Corrections and the Department of Public Safety to determine the number and identity of those individuals;
- (6) adopt regulations that are necessary to implement AS 43.23.005(d);
- (7) adopt regulations that establish procedures for the parent, guardian, or other authorized representative of a disabled
individual to apply for prior year permanent fund dividends not received by the disabled individual because no
application was submitted on behalf of the individual;
- (8) adopt regulations that establish procedures for an individual to apply to have a
dividend disbursement under AS 37.25.050 (a)(2) reissued if it is not collected within two
years after the date of its issuance; however, the department may not establish a time limit within which an application to
have a disbursement reissued must be filed;
- (9) provide any information, upon request, contained in permanent fund dividend records to the child support services
agency created in AS 25.27.010
, or the child support enforcement agency of another state, for child support purposes authorized under law; if the
information is contained in an electronic data base, the department shall provide the requesting agency with either
- (A) access to the data base; or
- (B) a copy of the information in the data base and a statement certifying its contents;
- (10) establish a fraud investigation unit for the purpose of assisting the
- (A) Department of Law in the prosecution of individuals who apply for or obtain a permanent fund
dividend in violation of a provision in AS 11, by detecting and investigating those crimes; and
- (B) commissioner to detect and investigate the claiming or paying of permanent fund dividends that
should not have been claimed by or paid to an individual and to impose the penalties and enforcement provisions under AS 43.23.035 .
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.