- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 20. Alaska Net Income Tax Act
- Section 340. Definitions.
previous: Section 335
. Penalties. [Repealed, Sec. 46 Ch 113 SLA 1980. For Current Law, See AS 43.05.220
next: Section 350
. Short Title.
AS 43.20.340. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "bank" means a financial institution including a national banking association;
- (2) "corporation" includes an association, joint-stock company, and an insurance company;
- (3) [Repealed, Sec. 38 ch 168 SLA 1990].
- (4) "fiscal year" means an accounting period of 12 months ending on the last day of a month other than December;
- (5) "includes" and "including" when used in a definition do not exclude other things otherwise within the meaning of the
- (6) "Internal Revenue Code" means the Internal Revenue Code of the United States (26 U.S.C.) as the code exists now or as
hereafter amended, as the code and amendments apply to the normal taxes and surtax on net incomes, which amendments are
operative for the purposes of this chapter as of the time they became operative or will become operative under federal
- (7) "part-year resident" means an individual who enters or leaves the state during the taxable year and who has resided or
was domiciled in the state for a period of less than 12 months during the taxable year;
- (8) "person" means an individual, a trust or estate, or partnership, or a corporation;
- (9) "taxable year" means the calendar year or the fiscal year ending during the calendar year upon the basis of which the
net income is computed under this chapter; "taxable year" includes, in the case of a return made for a fractional part
of a year under this chapter, the period for which the return is made;
- (10) "taxpayer" means a person subject to a tax imposed by this chapter;
- (11) "trade or business" includes the engaging in or carrying on of a trade, business, profession, vocation, employment,
and rendition of services or commercial activity and includes the performance of the function of a public office.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.