- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 41. Public Resources
- Chapter 41. Alaska Natural Gas Development Authority
- Section 200. Powers of the Authority.
previous: Section 150
. Public Access to Information.
next: Section 300
. Bonds and Notes of the Authority.
AS 41.41.200. Powers of the Authority.
In furtherance of its corporate purposes, in addition to its other powers, the authority may
- (1) sue and be sued;
- (2) adopt a seal;
- (3) adopt, amend, and repeal bylaws and regulations;
- (4) make and execute contracts and other instruments;
- (5) in its own name acquire property, lease, rent, convey, or acquire real and personal property; a project site or part
of a project site may be acquired by eminent domain;
- (6) acquire natural gas supplies;
- (7) issue bonds and otherwise incur indebtedness in accordance with AS 41.41.300
- 41.41.410 in order to pay the cost of a project;
- (8) accept gifts, grants, or loans from and enter into contracts or other transactions regarding gifts, grants, or loans
with a federal agency or an agency or instrumentality of the state, a municipality, private organization, or other
- (9) enter into contracts or agreements with a federal agency, agency or instrumentality of the state, municipality, or
public or private individual or entity, with respect to the exercise of its powers;
- (10) charge fees or other forms of remuneration for the use of authority properties and facilities;
- (11) defend and indemnify a current or former member of the board or an employee or agent of the authority against the
costs, expenses, judgments, and liabilities as a result of actions taken in good faith on behalf of the authority; and
- (12) purchase insurance to protect its assets, services, and employees against liabilities that may arise from authority
operations and activities.
Article 03. REVENUE BONDS AND NOTES
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.