- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 41. Public Resources
- Chapter 21. Parks and Recreational Facilities
- Section 904. Activities of Corps.
previous: Section 902
. Alaska Conservation Action Corps Created.
next: Section 906
AS 41.21.904. Activities of Corps.
The corps may be assigned
- (1) to provide staff services for public agencies involved in planning for the future of our environment;
- (2) tasks of cleaning litter from city streets, highways, local parks, neighborhoods, beaches, natural forests, rivers,
creeks, state and national parks on a continuing basis;
- (3) to participate in neighborhood improvement programs including the creation of neighborhood parks and playgrounds,
supplementing local government efforts on a voluntary basis on request;
- (4) to fire prevention activities in forest land, including the cleaning of brush and deadfalls and the construction and
maintenance of fire trails and firebreaks and firefighting in time of need;
- (5) the task of building and maintaining hiking and riding trails and campsites, improving wildlife habitats and
protection of wildlife refuges and wilderness areas under supervision of the Department of Fish and Game;
- (6) to participate in drainage and erosion control improvements on public land and the reforestation of fire-devastated
- (7) the task of conducting conservation summer camp programs for youths to learn and practice conservation skills;
- (8) monitoring duties in areas of environmental concern where control and enforcement are maintained such as the
monitoring of air and water pollution levels or checking on how well developers are meeting subdivision regulations.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.