- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 41. Public Resources
- Chapter 21. Parks and Recreational Facilities
- Section 625. Alaska Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve Advisory Council.
previous: Section 622
. Historical, Cultural and Burial Sites.
next: Section 630
. Existing Rights.
AS 41.21.625. Alaska Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve Advisory Council.
- (a) A 12-member Alaska Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve Advisory Council is established. The members of the advisory council
shall be selected under this section.
- (b) The governor shall appoint individuals to the Alaska Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve Advisory Council representing the
following interests for a two-year term:
- (1) a resident of the Haines Borough representing a conservation organization;
- (2) a representative of the United States Fish and Wildlife Service; and
- (3) a member of the Upper Lynn Canal fish and game advisory committee.
- (c) The mayor of the Haines Borough, the president of Klukwan, Inc., the chair of the Council of the Chilkat
Indian Village, and the chair of the Chilkoot Indian Association are ex officio members of the Alaska Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve
Advisory Council. A member of the Haines Borough Assembly who has been selected by the Haines Borough Assembly is also an ex officio
member of the advisory council. For this selection, preference shall be given to those members of the Haines Borough Assembly who do not
also sit on boards that are already represented on the advisory council. The mayor of the Haines Borough may recommend to the governor
for appointment to the advisory council the name of a resident of the Haines Borough for the representation of commercial or industrial
- (d) The commissioner of fish and game, the director of the division of parks, and the director of the division of
forestry, or their designees, serve ex officio as members of the Alaska Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve Advisory Council.
- (e) The Alaska Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve Advisory Council shall assist the department in the development and monitoring
of a management plan for the Alaska Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve. The management plan shall be presented at public
hearings in Haines and Klukwan before approval and implementation by the department.
- (f) Members of the Alaska Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve Advisory Council selected under (b) - (d) of this section may select
alternates to act as members of the advisory council in their absence.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.