- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 41. Public Resources
- Chapter 21. Parks and Recreational Facilities
- Section 174. Designation of Management Responsibility.
previous: Section 172
. Designated State Land and Water.
next: Section 176
. Incompatible Uses; Access.
AS 41.21.174. Designation of Management Responsibility.
- (a) The state land and water described in AS 41.21.172
are assigned to the department for control, maintenance, and development consistent with the purposes and provisions
of AS 41.21.170
- (b) The Department of Fish and Game is responsible for the management of fish and game resources in the Shuyak Island
State Park, consistent with the sustained yield principle and the purposes and provisions of this chapter. The Board of
Fisheries, the Board of Game, and the commissioner of fish and game are responsible for adopting regulations governing
uses of fish and game in accordance with AS 16. The fish and game habitat
and breeding areas shall be managed to ensure that the fish and game resources of the park continue on a sustained
yield basis. In managing the fish and game resources of the Shuyak Island State Park and adopting regulations governing
uses of the fish and game, the Board of Fisheries, the Board of Game, or the commissioner of fish and game may not
permanently close any fishing, hunting, or trapping within the park unless the closure is implemented because of a
biological emergency. A closure implemented because of a biological emergency (1) may continue in effect only as long
as the biological emergency continues to exist, and (2) must be reevaluated on a regular basis, not less than annually,
to justify that the closure continues to be necessary.
- (c) The department shall consult with the Department of Fish and Game before adoption of regulations governing public use
of the Shuyak Island State Park.
- (d) The Department of Fish and Game shall consult with the department before adoption of regulations governing fish and
game management in Shuyak Island State Park.
- (e) The regulations established under this section shall be adopted in accordance with AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act).
- (f) The commissioner shall permit reasonable camping within the Shuyak Island State Park on an extended basis on request.
- (g) Nothing in AS 41.21.170
- 41.21.178 prohibits the Department of Fish and Game
from engaging in rehabilitation, enhancement, and development of fish and game habitat under AS 16.05 on land and water within the Shuyak Island State Park.
- (h) The Department of Public Safety and the Department of Fish and Game shall have necessary access for fish and game
management, research, and enforcement purposes.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.