- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 40. Public Records and Recorders
- Chapter 17. Recording of Documents
- Section 120. Recording Memorandum of Lease.
previous: Section 110
. Documents Eligible For Recording.
next: Section 130
. Action Against Recorder and State.
AS 40.17.120. Recording Memorandum of Lease.
- (a) Recording a memorandum of lease substantially complying with (b) of this section has the same effect as recording the
- (b) A memorandum of lease is a document signed by the lessor and lessee and containing a reference to an unrecorded lease,
sublease, or agreement to lease or sublease, and supplying at least the following information:
- (1) the names of the parties;
- (2) addresses of the parties set out in the lease;
- (3) the date of the lease;
- (4) a description of the real property leased or subleased;
- (5) the commencement and termination dates of the lease if fixed and, if not fixed, the method by which the dates are to
be fixed; and
- (6) a statement of the conditions upon which a party may exercise a right to extend or renew the lease or to exercise a
right to purchase or refuse to purchase the real property or part of it.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.