- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 90. Miscellaneous Provisions
- Section 110. Limitation to Protections.
previous: Section 100
. Persons Protected.
next: Section 120
. Relief and Penalties.
AS 39.90.110. Limitation to Protections.
- (a) A person is not entitled to the protections under AS 39.90.100
- 39.90.150 unless the person
- (1) reasonably believes that the information reported is or is about to become a matter of public concern; and
- (2) reports the information in good faith.
- (b) A person is entitled to the protections under AS 39.90.100
- 39.90.150 only if the matter of public concern
- (1) is not the result of conduct by the person seeking protection; or
- (2) is the result of conduct by the person that was required by the person's employer.
- (c) As part of its written personnel policy, a public employer may require that, before an employee initiates a report on
a matter of public concern under AS 39.90.100
, the employee shall submit a written report concerning the matter to the employer. However, the employee is not
required to submit a report if the employee
- (1) reasonably believes that reports to the employer will not result in prompt action to remedy the matter of public
- (2) believes with reasonable certainty that the activity, policy, or practice is already known to one or more supervisors;
- (3) reasonably believes that an emergency is involved; or
- (4) reasonably fears reprisal or discrimination as a result of disclosure.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.