- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 52. Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act
- Section 910. Applicability.
previous: Section 460
. Criminal Sanctions Additional.
next: Section 920
. Agency Policies.
AS 39.52.910. Applicability.
- (a) Except as specifically provided, this chapter applies to all public officers within executive-branch agencies,
including members of boards or commissions. This chapter does not apply to
- (1) a former public officer of an executive-branch agency unless a provision specifically states that it so applies;
- (2) legislators covered by AS 24.60; or
- (3) the University of Alaska and an employee of the University of Alaska as to activities or employment under a contract
between the employee and the university described in AS 14.40.210
- (b) The provisions of this chapter supersede the common law on conflicts of interests that may apply to a public officer
of an executive-branch agency and any personnel rules relating to conflicts of interests, excluding nepotism, adopted
under AS 39.25. However, nothing in this chapter precludes a
prosecution under an applicable criminal statute nor prevents enforcement of any other state law that imposes a
stricter standard of ethical conduct on public officers.
- (c) The provisions of this chapter are not subject to negotiation by collective bargaining under AS 23.40.
- (d) Nothing in this chapter
- (1) supersedes AS 39.90.020; or
- (2) precludes an immediate family member of a public employee from employment in the same agency or
administrative unit as that public employee, so long as the public employee does not have authority to take or withhold
official action affecting the terms or conditions of the immediate family member's employment in a manner that violates
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.