- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 52. Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act
- Section 430. Actions Voidable.
previous: Section 420
. Disciplinary Action For Violation.
next: Section 440
. Civil Penalties.
AS 39.52.430. Actions Voidable.
- (a) In addition to any other penalty provided by law, a state grant, contract, or lease entered into in violation of this
chapter is voidable by the state. In a determination under this section of whether to void a grant, contract, or
lease, the interests of third parties who could be damaged may be taken into account. The attorney general shall give
notice of intent to void a state grant, contract, or lease under this section no later than 30 days after the personnel
board's determination of a violation under this chapter.
- (b) In addition to any other penalty provided for by law, the state may require a state loan received in violation of this
chapter to become immediately payable.
- (c) Any state action taken in violation of this chapter is voidable, except that the interests of third parties and the
nature of the violation may be taken into account. The attorney general may pursue any other available legal and
- (d) The attorney general may recover any fee, compensation, gift, or benefit received by a person as a result of a
violation of this chapter by a current or former public officer. Action to recover under this subsection must be
brought within two years after discovery of the violation.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.