- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 35. Public Employees' Retirement System of Alaska
- Section 675. Inclusion of Cost-of-Living Differentials in Compensation and Benefits.
previous: Section 672
. Pension Forfeiture.
next: Section 677
. Special Rules For Treatment of Qualified Military Service.
AS 39.35.675. Inclusion of Cost-of-Living Differentials in Compensation and Benefits.
- (a) An employee shall make contributions to the plan based on compensation including a cost-of-living differential.
- (b) The amount of a cost-of-living differential may not be included in the employee's compensation for purposes of
calculating benefits paid under AS 39.35.095 - 39.35.680 unless the employee has received a cost-of-living differential for at
least 50 percent of the employee's credited service.
- (c) When an employee receives a benefit, and if the employee's compensation for purposes of calculating the benefit does
not include a cost-of-living differential, then the administrator shall refund to the employee the amount of
contributions the employee made based on the differential.
- (d) In this section "cost-of-living differential" means an adjustment to salary based on the cost of living in the
geographic region where the employee works and includes a pay step differential under AS 39.27.020.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.