- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 35. Public Employees' Retirement System of Alaska
- Section 350. Reinstatement of Credited Service.
previous: Section 345
. Temporary Service Credit.
next: Section 360
. Earlier Service.
AS 39.35.350. Reinstatement of Credited Service.
- (a) An employee who receives a refund of contributions in accordance with AS 39.35.200
forfeits corresponding credited service under AS 39.35.095 - 39.35.680.
- (b) An employee may reinstate credited service associated with a refund by repaying the total amount of the refund. A
former member who received a total refund of the former member's contribution account balance because of a levy under
or a federal tax levy may reinstate credited service in the same manner as an employee. Interest accrues from the date
of the refund until repayment of the refund or retirement, whichever occurs first. Payments shall be applied first to
accrued interest and then to principal.
- (c) Any outstanding indebtedness that exists at the time an employee is appointed to retirement necessitates an actuarial
adjustment to the benefits payable based on service reinstated under this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.