- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 35. Public Employees' Retirement System of Alaska
- Section 200. Refund Upon Termination of Employment For Reason Other Than Death.
previous: Section 195
. Rollover Distributions and Rollover Contributions.
next: Section 210
. , 39.35.220. Refunds. [Repealed, Sec. 55 Ch 128 SLA 1977].
AS 39.35.200. Refund Upon Termination of Employment For Reason Other Than Death.
- (a) Except as provided in (c) of this section, an inactive employee, not on leave-without-pay status or layoff status, is
entitled to receive a refund of the balance of the employee contribution account.
- (b) An employee who is reemployed with an employer and whose contributions have not been refunded before reemployment is
not eligible for a refund.
- (c) An employee who is terminated and is a vested employee, deferred vested employee, or who is entitled to benefits under
, and who is married at the time of application for a refund or whose rights to a refund are subject to a qualified
domestic relations order is entitled to receive a refund of the balance of the employee contribution account only if
the employee's present spouse and each person entitled under the order consent to the refund in writing on a form
provided by the administrator. The administrator may waive written consent from the person entitled to benefits under
the order if the administrator determines that the person cannot be located or for other reasons established by
regulation. The administrator may waive written consent from the spouse if the administrator determines that
- (1) the employee was not married to the spouse during any period of the employee's employment with an employer;
- (2) the spouse has no rights under AS 39.35.095 - 39.35.680 because of the terms of a qualified domestic relations order;
- (3) the spouse cannot be located;
- (4) the employee and spouse have been married for less than two years and the member establishes that they are not
- (5) other reasons established by regulation exist.
- (d) [Effective June 30, 2010]. An employee who receives a refund of contributions in accordance with this
section forfeits corresponding credited service under AS 39.35.095 - 39.35.680.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.