- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 28. Equal Employment Opportunity Program
- Section 200. Definitions.
previous: Section 80
. Access to Confidential Records.
next: Chapter 30
. Insurance and Supplemental Employee Benefits
AS 39.28.200. Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context requires otherwise,
- (1) "agency" means a department, office, agency, public corporation, board, commission, authority, or other organizational
unit of the executive branch;
- (2) "department" means the Department of Administration;
- (3) "director of personnel" means the director of personnel appointed under AS 39.25.040
- (4) "division of personnel" means the division of personnel established by AS 39.25.030
- (5) "employment in the executive branch of state government" includes employment as a permanent, probationary,
provisional, nonpermanent, or temporary employee in the classified, partially exempt, or exempt services in the
executive branch of state government;
- (6) "member of a protected class" means a person protected by federal or state laws that prohibit discrimination in
employment or a person who experiences or has experienced difficulty in obtaining employment or advancement in
employment because of another factor not related to merit.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.