- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 15. Official Bonds
- Section 50. Procedure When Bond Becomes Insufficient.
previous: Section 40
. Recovery On Defective Bond.
next: Section 60
. Number of Sureties.
AS 39.15.050. Procedure When Bond Becomes Insufficient.
- (a) If a surety on the bond dies, removes from the state, becomes insolvent or insufficient, or the penalty of the bond
becomes insufficient, the Department of Administration shall, on its own motion or on the showing of a person supported
by an affidavit, summon the officer or employee to appear before it at a stated time, not less than 15 days after
service of the summons, and show cause why the officer or employee should not execute a new bond with good and
- (b) If the officer or employee after notice fails to appear at the time appointed, the department shall hear and determine
the matter in the absence of the officer or employee. If the department is of the opinion that the bond is
insufficient, it shall require a new bond with sureties and in the amount considered necessary.
- (c) The new bond shall be executed and filed within the time the department orders. If the officer or employee fails to
execute and file a new bond within the time prescribed, the office or appointment of the officer or employee becomes
vacant as provided by AS 39.15.100
. The new bond has the same force and obligation upon the principal and surety and subjects the officer and the surety
to the same liabilities prescribed for an original bond of an officer and employee.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.