- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 38. Public Land
- Chapter 9. Homestead Act
- Section 40. Revocation of Entry Permits.
previous: Section 30
. Qualification For Homestead Entry.
next: Section 50
. Issuance of Patent.
AS 38.09.040. Revocation of Entry Permits.
- (a) A homestead entry permit may be revoked by the commissioner for a substantial breach of the permit conditions or the
requirements of this chapter, including
- (1) an assignment, conveyance, or transfer of the permit not authorized under AS 38.09.030
- (2) failure of the permit holder to submit an aliquot parts description of the homestead entry or, a plat of survey where
the commissioner waived the requirement of a rectangular survey grid to the commissioner within five years after the
issuance of the permit;
- (3) [Repealed, Sec. 38 ch 91 SLA 1997].
- (4) failure to brush the boundaries of the land not described by aliquot parts or as a lot of record within 90 days after
issuance of the homestead entry permit;
- (5) failure to clear and either put into production or prepare for cultivation either 25 percent of the land classified
for agricultural use or 50 percent of the cropland soils, whichever is less, within five years after the issuance of
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 20 ch 75 SLA 1987].
- (c) If a homestead entry permit is revoked under (a) of this section, improvements or personal property upon the land
shall be managed under AS 38.05.090
and the state land remains available for homestead entry under this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.