- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 38. Public Land
- Chapter 5. Alaska Land Act
- Section 940. Land Purchase Price Discount For Veterans.
previous: Section 930
. Bona Fide Purchasers.
next: Section 945
AS 38.05.940. Land Purchase Price Discount For Veterans.
- (a) An eligible veteran is entitled to a discount of 25 percent on the purchase price of state land sold under this title
and classified under AS 38.05.005
- 38.05.270 for a use other than commercial or
- (b) To be eligible for a discount under this section, a veteran shall submit proof, as required by regulation, that the
- (1) is 18 years of age or older on the date of sale;
- (2) has been a state resident for a period of not less than one year immediately preceding the date of sale; and
- (3) has served
- (A) in the Alaska Territorial Guard for at least 90 days, unless the service was shortened due to a service connected
- (B) on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces at least 90 days, unless tenure was shortened due to a service connected
disability or due to receiving an early separation upon return from a tour of duty overseas, and has received an
honorable discharge or a general discharge under honorable conditions.
- (c) A veteran is entitled to only one discount under this section during the veteran's lifetime.
- (d) A discount under this section may be applied only to the acquisition of surface rights to state land. A discount
under this section may not be applied to survey costs, road development costs, utility assessments, or other costs that
the commissioner determines are reimbursable to the state.
- (e) A discount under this section may not be used toward the purchase of land offered at a restricted sale under AS 38.05.067
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.