- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 38. Public Land
- Chapter 5. Alaska Land Act
- Section 501. Management.
previous: Section 500
. Electorate Determinations.
next: Section 502
. Property of the People.
AS 38.05.501. Management.
- (a) The Department of Natural Resources shall manage the land which is the subject of AS 38.05.500
- 38.05.505. The department will use the provisions
of this chapter for the management of the land except to the extent that the provisions of AS 38.05.500
- 38.05.505 provide to the contrary.
- (b) The department shall manage the land in an orderly and beneficial manner.
- (c) The department may adopt regulations for the management of the land. No regulation which imposes a limitation upon
the people of the state is effective until approved by the legislature.
- (d) The department may sell, lease, exchange, or encumber the land when specifically authorized to do so by law and under
the terms and conditions established by the law.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.