- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 38. Public Land
- Chapter 5. Alaska Land Act
- Section 242. Definitions For AS 38.05.210
previous: Section 240
. Labor Defined For AS 38.05.210
next: Section 245
. Prospecting Sites.
AS 38.05.242. Definitions For AS 38.05.210
In AS 38.05.210
- (1) "airborne survey" means a survey from the air for mineral deposits by the proper application of magnetometers,
electromagnetic input systems, infrared detectors, side-looking radar, vertical and panoramic cameras, and other
devices as they relate to the search for and discovery of mineral deposits;
- (2) "geochemical surveys" means surveys on the ground for mineral deposits by the proper application of the principles and
techniques of the science of chemistry as they relate to the search for and discovery of mineral deposits;
- (3) "geological surveys" means surveys on the ground for mineral deposits by the proper application of the principles and
techniques of the science of geology as they relate to the search for and discovery of mineral deposits;
- (4) "geophysical surveys" means surveys on the ground for mineral deposits through the employment of generally recognized
equipment and methods for measuring physical differences between rock types or discontinuances in geological
- (5) "MTRSC system" means the system described in AS 38.05.195
(b)(1) based on the ground location of a complete quarter section or quarter-quarter section of a township on a
rectangular survey system;
- (6) "qualified expert" means an individual qualified by education or experience to conduct geological, geochemical, or
geophysical surveys, as the case may be.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.