- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 23. Investment Pools For Public Entities
- Section 20. Authorized Investments.
previous: Section 10
. Investment Pool Participation.
next: Section 30
AS 37.23.020. Authorized Investments.
An investment pool may invest only in securities that have a final maturity date within 13 months after the date of
purchase, except that floating rate securities with a final maturity date that is longer than 13 months may be
purchased if they are subject to at least an annual reset. Investments may only include
- (1) obligations of the United States and of an agency or instrumentality of the United States;
- (2) repurchase and reverse repurchase agreements secured by the Treasury of the United States and obligations of an agency
or instrumentality of the United States;
- (3) certificates of deposit, bankers acceptances, and other similar obligations of a bank domiciled in the United States
- (A) outstanding debt rated A or higher by at least one of the nationally recognized rating services, including
dollar-denominated obligations issued by a United States branch of a foreign bank if the debt of the parent is rated A
or higher; and
- (B) a combined capital and surplus aggregating at least $500,000,000;
- (4) commercial paper and other short-term taxable instruments that, at the time of investment, maintain the highest rating
by at least two nationally recognized rating services;
- (5) obligations of a corporation domiciled in the United States or obligations of a municipality that are taxable under
federal law if the obligations are rated A or higher by at least two nationally recognized rating services at the time
- (6) certificates of deposit that are issued by a state or federally chartered financial institution that is a commercial
or mutual bank, savings and loan association, or credit union and if the institution's accounts are insured through the
appropriate federal insuring agency of the United States, regardless of whether the institution meets the requirements
of (3) of this section;
- (7) money market funds in which the securities of the fund consist of obligations listed in this section and otherwise
meet the requirements of this chapter;
- (8) other cash equivalent investments with a maturity date of one year or less after date of the investment that are of
similar quality to those listed in (1) - (7) of this section, are rated A or higher by at least one of the nationally
recognized rating services, and are approved by the public entities participating in that investment pool.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.