- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 17. Alaska Bidco Assistance Program
- Section 590. Implementation of Bidco Capitalization Loan Program.
previous: Section 580
. Bidco Capitalization Loan Credits.
next: Section 600
. Terms of Bidco Capitalization Loans.
AS 37.17.590. Implementation of Bidco Capitalization Loan Program.
- (a) The department shall implement the program for making BIDCO capitalization loans under AS 37.17.500
- 37.17.690 in a manner designed to encourage
financing assistance by BIDCOs to businesses throughout the state. Through the use of one or more formulas designed
under AS 37.17.580
, the department shall provide special incentives to encourage the financing of businesses located in distressed areas,
including distressed rural areas, and the financing of minority-owned businesses. In this subsection,
- (1) "member of a minority" includes a person who is black, Hispanic, or Alaska Native;
- (2) "minority-owned business" means a business that is owned, controlled, and operated by an individual who is a member of
a minority and in which more than 50 percent of the net profit or loss attributable to the business accrues to a member
of a minority.
- (b) When determining under (a) of this section whether an area is distressed or how distressed an area is, the department
may use, individually or in combination, factors that may include unemployment, poverty, lack of access to the state
highway system, lack of access to a marine transportation system, or other factors the department determines to be
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.