- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 17. Alaska Bidco Assistance Program
- Section 500. Purposes of Alaska Bidco Assistance Program.
previous: Section 440
. International Trade and Business Endowment. [Repealed, Sec. 8 Ch 2 SLA 2004].
next: Section 510
. Alaska Bidco Fund.
AS 37.17.500. Purposes of Alaska Bidco Assistance Program.
The purposes of AS 37.17.500
- 37.17.690 include
- (1) administering the Alaska BIDCO assistance program related to loans and other financial assistance made or provided
under AS 37.17.500 - 37.17.690;
- (2) assisting in the formation and capitalization of one or more BIDCOs that have a highly qualified management team and a
good business plan, and that are designed to operate in a profit-oriented, market-disciplined manner, with excellent
prospects for long-term financial success and viability;
- (3) promoting economic development by providing a new source of risk capital and management assistance for businesses,
especially small- and medium-sized businesses, in geographic areas throughout the state, including businesses in rural
areas and distressed areas, and including minority-owned businesses;
- (4) using state resources to attract other capital resources; and
- (5) promoting the successful operation of BIDCOs.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.