- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 15. Bonding
- Section 773. Bond Terms.
previous: Section 770
. Bond Redemption Fund Established.
next: Section 777
. Bond Resolution.
AS 37.15.773. Bond Terms.
- (a) The bonds may be issued and sold at public or negotiated sale in the manner, in the amounts or series, and
at the time or times that the committee determines. The bonds, or each series of them, shall be sold at the price and upon the terms,
conditions, and covenants set by the committee after considering market conditions. Interest rates may be fixed or variable.
- (b) The bonds mature at the time or times fixed by the committee. The bonds may be subject to redemption before
their fixed maturities, in the manner and under the conditions established by the committee, with or without a premium or premiums. The
bonds may be in denominations determined by the committee and may be issued in fully or partially registered form. The bonds must be
- (1) payable as to principal and interest at the place or places determined by the committee;
- (2) signed on behalf of the state in the manner provided by the committee;
- (3) issued under and subject to the terms, conditions, covenants, and protective features safeguarding payment
of the bonds and relating to the funding of projects as found necessary by the committee, including covenants requiring the setting
aside and maintenance of certain reserves to secure the payment of principal and interest, all under regulations and conditions of the
- (c) The committee may pledge to the payment of the principal of and interest on bonds issued by the committee
part or all of the legally available money or other assets on hand in the Alaska sport fishing enterprise account and, on a subordinate
lien basis, other legally available money in the fish and game fund; the proceeds of the sale of bonds; and money on hand in the bond
redemption fund. Revenue of the Alaska sport fishing enterprise account and fish and game fund if so pledged, must be paid into the bond
redemption fund, as appropriate.
- (d) If the committee finds it reasonably necessary, the committee may select a trustee or trustees for the
holders of the bonds, for the safeguarding and disbursement of any of the money in the bond redemption fund created by AS 37.15.770 , or for duties with respect to the enforcement, authentication,
delivery, payment, and registration of the bonds as the committee may determine. The committee shall fix the rights, duties, powers, and
obligations of the trustee or trustees.
- (e) In its determination of all matters and questions relating to the issuance and sale of the bonds and the
fixing of their maturities, terms, conditions, and covenants as provided in (a) - (d) of this section, the decisions of the committee
shall be those that are reasonably necessary for the best interests of the state and its inhabitants and that will accomplish the most
advantageous sale of the bonds. Decisions of the committee, as expressed in a bond resolution, are final and are conclusively considered
to comply with the requirements of state law.
- (f) A bond resolution may provide that the bonds issued must contain a recital that they are issued under AS 37.15.765 - 37.15.799, and a bond containing this recital is conclusively
considered to be valid and to have been issued in conformity with AS 37.15.765 - 37.15.799.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.