- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 10. Public Funds
- Section 240. Regulations and Open Meetings.
previous: Section 230
. Conflicts of Interest.
next: Section 250
. Compensation of Trustees.
AS 37.10.240. Regulations and Open Meetings.
- (a) The board may adopt regulations to implement AS 37.10.210
- 37.10.390. Regulations adopted by the board are not
subject to the Administrative Procedure Act (AS 44.62). The board
shall adopt regulations required by AS 36.30.015
(f) relating to procurement. The board shall comply with the requirements of AS 44.62.310
- (b) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, a regulation adopted under AS 37.10.210 - 37.10.390 shall be published in the Alaska Administrative
Register and Alaska Administrative Code for informational purposes. A regulation adopted under this section shall
conform to the style and format requirements of the drafting manual for administrative regulations that is published
under AS 44.62.050
- (c) At least 30 days before the adoption, amendment, or repeal of a regulation under this chapter, the board shall provide
notice of the action that is being considered. The notice must include publication in one or more newspapers of general
circulation in each judicial district of the state.
- (d) A regulation adopted under this chapter takes effect 30 days after adoption by the board unless a later effective date
is stated in the regulation.
- (e) Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, a regulation may be adopted, amended, or repealed, effective
immediately, as an emergency regulation. For an emergency regulation to be effective the board must find that the
immediate adoption, amendment, or repeal of the regulation is necessary. The board shall, within 10 days after adoption
of an emergency regulation, give notice of the adoption under (c) of this section. An emergency regulation adopted
under this subsection may not remain in effect past the date of the next regular meeting of the board unless the board
complies with the procedures set out in this section and adopts the regulation as a permanent regulation.
- (f) In this section, "regulation" has the meaning given in AS 44.62.640(a).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.