- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 36. Public Contracts
- Chapter 30. State Procurement Code
- Section 322. Use of Local Forest Products.
previous: Section 320
. Small Procurements.
next: Section 324
. Use of Alaska Products and Recycled Alaska Products.
AS 36.30.322. Use of Local Forest Products.
- (a) Only timber, lumber, and manufactured lumber products originating in this state from Alaska forests may be procured by
an agency or used in construction projects of an agency unless the manufacturers and suppliers who have notified the
commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development of their willingness to manufacture or supply Alaska
- (1) have been given reasonable notice of the forest product needs of the procurement or project; and
- (2) are unable to supply the products at a cost that is within seven percent of the price offered by a manufacturer or
supplier of non-Alaska forest products.
- (b) The provisions of AS 36.30.326
- 36.30.332 do not apply to procurements of timber,
lumber, and manufactured lumber products or the use of those items in construction projects of an agency.
- (c) During the period of performance of a state contract, the contractor shall maintain records showing efforts made in
using Alaska forest products or evidence of Alaska forest products not being available or reasonably competitive. The
contractor shall provide the records to the procurement officer on a periodic basis, as required by regulations adopted
by the commissioner of commerce, community, and economic development.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.