- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 36. Public Contracts
- Chapter 30. State Procurement Code
- Section 130. Public Notice of Invitation to Bid.
previous: Section 120
. Bid Security.
next: Section 140
. Bid Opening.
AS 36.30.130. Public Notice of Invitation to Bid.
- (a) The procurement officer shall give adequate public notice of the invitation to bid at least 21 days before the date
for the opening of bids. If the procurement officer determines in writing that a shorter notice period is advantageous
for a particular bid and adequate competition is anticipated, the 21-day period may be shortened. Notice shall be
posted on the Alaska Online Public Notice System (AS 44.62.175). The time and manner of notice must be in
accordance with regulations adopted by the commissioner of administration. When practicable, notice may include
- (1) publication in a newspaper calculated to reach prospective bidders;
- (2) notices posted in public places within the area where the work is to be performed or the material furnished; and
- (3) notices mailed to all active prospective contractors on the appropriate list maintained under AS 36.30.050
- (b) Failure to comply with the notice requirements of this section does not invalidate a bid or the award of a contract.
If the state fails to substantially comply with the requirements of (a) of this section, the state is liable for
damages caused by that failure.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.