- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 36. Public Contracts
- Chapter 30. State Procurement Code
- Section 60. Specifications.
previous: Section 50
. Lists of Contractors.
next: Section 70
. Supply Management.
AS 36.30.060. Specifications.
- (a) The commissioner shall adopt regulations governing the preparation, revision, and content of specifications for
supplies, services, professional services, and construction required by an agency. The commissioner shall monitor the
use of these specifications.
- (b) Specifications for construction of highways must conform as closely as practicable to those adopted by the American
Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials.
- (c) The commissioner may obtain expert advice and assistance from personnel of using agencies in the development of
specifications. Specifications must promote overall economy for the purposes intended and encourage competition in
satisfying the state's needs, and may not be unduly restrictive. The requirements of this subsection regarding the
purposes and nonrestrictiveness of specifications apply to all specifications, including those prepared by architects,
engineers, designers, and other professionals.
- (d) In this section, "specification" means a description of the physical or functional characteristics, or of the nature
of a supply, service, professional service, or construction project; it may include requirements for licensing,
inspecting, testing, and delivery.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.