- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 36. Public Contracts
- Chapter 10. Employment Preference
- Section 70. Unavailability of Preferred Workers.
previous: Section 60
. Employment of Prisoners. [Repealed, Sec. 6 Ch 53 SLA 1982].
next: Section 75
. Duties of Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development.
AS 36.10.070. Unavailability of Preferred Workers.
- (a) An employer subject to hiring requirements under this chapter may request the Department of Labor and Workforce
Development to assist in locating qualified, eligible employees. After receiving a request for assistance, the
department shall refer qualified, eligible, available residents to the employer to fill the employer's hiring needs.
The employer shall cooperate with the department.
- (b) If the department is unable to refer a sufficient number of qualified, eligible, available residents able to perform
the work, the commissioner of labor and workforce development may approve the hiring of residents who are not eligible
for preference and nonresidents for the balance of the request.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.