- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 36. Public Contracts
- Chapter 5. Wages and Hours of Labor
- Section 70. Wage Rates in Specifications and Contracts For Public Works.
previous: Section 60
. Penalty For Violation of This Chapter.
next: Section 80
. Failure to Pay Agreed Wages.
AS 36.05.070. Wage Rates in Specifications and Contracts For Public Works.
- (a) The advertised specifications for a public construction contract exceeding $2,000 to which the state or a political
subdivision of the state is a party that requires or involves the employment of mechanics, laborers, or field surveyors
shall contain a provision stating the minimum wages to be paid various classes of laborers, mechanics, or field
surveyors and that the rate of wages shall be adjusted to the wage rate under AS 36.05.010
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 17 ch 142 SLA 1972].
- (c) A contract for public works in the state or a political subdivision shall contain provisions that
- (1) the contractor or subcontractors of the contractor shall pay all employees unconditionally and not less than once a
- (2) wages may not be less than those stated in the advertised specifications, regardless of the contractual relationship
between the contractor or subcontractors and laborers, mechanics, or field surveyors;
- (3) the scale of wages to be paid shall be posted by the contractor in a prominent and easily accessible place at the site
of the work;
- (4) the state or a political subdivision shall withhold so much of the accrued payments as is necessary to pay to
laborers, mechanics, or field surveyors employed by the contractor or subcontractors the difference between
- (A) the rates of wages required by the contract to be paid laborers, mechanics, or field surveyors on the work, and
- (B) the rates of wages in fact received by laborers, mechanics, or field surveyors.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.