- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 35. Public Buildings, Works, and Improvements
- Chapter 30. Consistency With Local Government Plans and Ordinances
- Section 10. Review and Approval By Local Planning Authorities.
previous: Chapter 30
. Consistency With Local Government Plans and Ordinances
next: Section 20
. Compliance With Municipal Ordinances.
AS 35.30.010. Review and Approval By Local Planning Authorities.
- (a) Except as provided in (b) of this section, before commencing construction of a public project,
- (1) if the project is located in a municipality, the department shall submit the plans for the project to the planning
commission of the municipality for review and approval;
- (2) if the project is located within two miles of a village, the department shall submit the plans to the village council
for review and comment;
- (3) if the project is located within one-half mile of the boundary of an area represented by a community council
established by municipal charter or ordinance, the department shall submit the plans to the community council for
review and comment.
- (b) Prior approval by a municipal planning commission may not be required before the commencement of construction of a
highway or local service road if
- (1) the department and the municipality have entered into agreement for the planning of the project under AS 19.20.060
or 19.20.070 and the plans for the project are
completed in accordance with the terms of that agreement;
- (2) the municipality has adopted a municipal master highway plan under AS 19.20.080
and the highway or local service road is consistent with the plan adopted; or
- (3) the department has entered into agreement with the municipality for the planning of transportation corridors under AS
and the plans for the project are completed in accordance with the provisions of that agreement.
- (c) If final disapproval by resolution of the governing body of the affected municipality or village is not received
within 90 days from the date the project was submitted to the municipality or village, the department may proceed with
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.