- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 60. Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Practices
- Section 150. Definitions.
previous: Section 140
next: Chapter 65
. Land Surveys
AS 34.60.150. Definitions.
In this chapter,
- (1) "business" means any lawful activity, excepting a farm operation, conducted primarily
- (A) for the purchase, sale, lease, and rental of personal and real property, and manufacture, processing, or marketing of
products, commodities, or other personal property;
- (B) for the sale of services to the public;
- (C) by a nonprofit organization; or
- (D) for assisting, solely for the purpose of AS 34.60.040
(a), in the purchase, sale, resale, manufacture, processing, or marketing of products, commodities, personal property,
or services by the erection and maintenance of an outdoor advertising display, whether or not the display is located on
the premises on which any of the above activities are conducted;
- (2) "displaced person" means any person who moves from real property, or moves personal property from real property, as a
result of the acquisition of the real property, in whole or in part, or as a result of the written order of the state
agency to vacate real property, for a program or project undertaken by the state agency, and solely for the purpose of
(a) and 34.60.090, as a result of the acquisition of,
or as a result of the written order of a state agency to vacate other real property on which the person conducts a
business or farm operation for the program or project;
- (3) "farm operation" means any activity conducted solely or primarily for the production of one or more agricultural
products or commodities, including timber, for sale or home use, and customarily producing these products or
commodities in sufficient quantity to be capable of contributing materially to the operator's support;
- (4) "mortgage" means those classes of liens commonly given to secure advances on, or the unpaid purchase price of, real
property, under the law of the state in which the real property is located, together with the credit instruments, if
any, secured by the property;
- (5) "person" means an individual, partnership, corporation, or association;
- (6) "state agency" means a department, agency, instrumentality, corporate authority of the state, or a political
subdivision of the state, or a department, agency, instrumentality, or authority of two or more political subdivisions
of the state participating in federally assisted programs.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.