- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 60. Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Practices
- Section 90. Relocation Services.
previous: Section 80
. Litigation Expenses.
next: Section 100
. Eminent Domain.
AS 34.60.090. Relocation Services.
- (a) When the acquisition of real property for a program or project undertaken by a state agency for a federally assisted
program or project undertaken by the state agency will result in the displacement of a person on or after January 2,
1971, the state agency shall provide a relocation assistance advisory program for displaced persons which offers the
services described in (c) of this section. If the state agency determines that a person occupying property immediately
adjacent to the real property acquired is caused substantial economic injury because of the acquisition, it may offer
the occupant relocation advisory services under the program.
- (b) State agencies administering programs which may be of assistance to displaced persons covered by this chapter shall
cooperate to the maximum extent feasible with the state agency causing the displacement to assure that the displaced
persons receive the maximum assistance available to them.
- (c) Each relocation assistance advisory program required by (a) of this section must include measures, facilities, or
services necessary or appropriate in order to
- (1) determine the need, if any, of displaced persons, for relocation assistance;
- (2) provide current and continuing information on availability, prices, and rentals, of comparable decent, safe, and
sanitary sales and rental housing, and of comparable commercial properties and locations for displaced businesses;
- (3) assure that, within a reasonable time before displacement, there will be available in areas not generally less
desirable in regard to public utilities and public and commercial facilities and at rents or prices within the
financial means of the families and individuals displaced decent, safe, and sanitary dwellings, as defined by the state
agency, equal in number to the number of and available to the displaced persons who require the dwellings and
reasonably accessible to their places of employment except that the state agency may prescribe by regulation situations
in which these assurances may be waived;
- (4) assist a person displaced from the person's business or farm operation in obtaining and becoming established in a
suitable replacement location;
- (5) supply information concerning federal and state housing programs, disaster loan programs, and other federal or state
programs offering assistance to displaced persons; and
- (6) provide other advisory services to displaced persons in order to minimize hardships in adjusting to relocation.
- (d) The state agency shall coordinate relocation activities with project work, and other planned or proposed governmental
actions in the community or nearby areas that may affect the carrying out of relocation assistance programs.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.