- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 35. Liens
- Section 405. Lien Claim.
previous: Section 400
. Services or Work Covered By Lien.
next: Section 410
. Recording and Indexing Claim.
AS 34.35.405. Lien Claim.
- (a) A person who claims a lien under AS 34.35.395
- 34.35.425 shall, within 90 days after the
completion of the services or the cessation of the labor, record a claim of lien in the recorder's office of the
recording district in which the property is located.
- (b) The lien claim must contain a true statement of
- (1) the demand and the amount of the demand after deducting all just credits and offsets;
- (2) the name of the person by whom the claimant is employed and a statement of the terms and conditions of the contract of
- (3) a description of the property sufficient for identification on which the lien is claimed; and
- (4) the name of the owner or reputed owner of the property.
- (c) The lien claim shall be verified by the oath of the claimant or someone on behalf of the lien claimant who has
personal knowledge of the facts.
- (d) If there is no express contract of employment the claim must state the reasonable value of the work or services.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.