- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 35. Liens
- Section 385. Embezzlement of Lien Property.
previous: Section 380
. Misdemeanor to Remove Lien Property From State.
next: Section 390
. Written Statements to Employees.
AS 34.35.385. Embezzlement of Lien Property.
- (a) A person who sells or otherwise disposes of fish or the products of fish or aquatic animals or other property upon
which there is a lien under AS 34.35.320
- 34.35.390 is a trustee for the lien claimant of
the consideration received or promised to be paid for the property and shall account to the lien claimant for it.
- (b) If it appears, in a prosecution under this section, that the defendant has paid all claims of lien upon the property
removed from the state or that the full value of the property has been distributed among the persons entitled to the
lien, the defendant shall be discharged and further proceedings may not be brought against the defendant.
- (c) A trustee who refuses or fails to account for the trust fund, or refuses or fails to apply it in payment of the lien
claim is guilty of embezzlement, and upon conviction is punishable accordingly.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.