- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 35. Liens
- Section 340. Priority.
previous: Section 335
. Extent of Lien.
next: Section 345
. Duration of Lien.
AS 34.35.340. Priority.
- (a) A lien under AS 34.35.320
- 34.35.390 is preferred, prior, and superior to a
mortgage, attachment, claim, or demand made or recorded in the recorder's office of the recording district where the
property subject to the lien is located after
- (1) the commencement of the work for which the lien is claimed;
- (2) the material is furnished for which the lien is claimed.
- (b) A sale, transfer, mortgage, assignment, or attachment recorded after the commencement of the work or furnishing of the
material does not postpone the lien. A lien under AS 34.35.320
- 34.35.390 is not prior or paramount to a valid
prior lien for labor performed or material furnished in the construction, alteration, or repair of the houses, wharves,
or other shore property.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.