- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 35. Liens
- Section 270. Commissioner of Public Safety as Receiver.
previous: Section 265
. Enforcement of Lien Against Manufactured Product.
next: Section 275
. Bona Fide Purchasers.
AS 34.35.270. Commissioner of Public Safety as Receiver.
- (a) The commissioner of public safety or a peace officer designated by the commissioner shall be the receiver, when one is
appointed, and the superior court, upon a showing made, shall appoint the receiver, without notice.
- (b) The receiver is entitled to fees which seem just to the court, and shall account for the fees in the same manner as
other fees collected in an official capacity.
- (c) When property subject to a lien under AS 34.35.230
- 34.35.315 is in the custody of the receiver, a
person who claims an interest in the property may deposit with the clerk of the court in which the action is pending a
sum of money equal to the claim sued upon, together with $100 to cover costs and interest, unless the court makes an
order fixing a different amount to cover the costs and interest, and may demand and receive the possession and custody
of the property from the receiver immediately.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.