- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 35. Liens
- Section 114. Obligation of Claimant and Lender to Provide Information.
previous: Section 112
. Payment of Claimant's Liens.
next: Section 115
. Persons Considered Agent of Owner.
AS 34.35.114. Obligation of Claimant and Lender to Provide Information.
- (a) A prime contractor, on request, shall provide the following information within five days to any person entitled to
claim a lien through the prime contractor:
- (1) a description of the real property being improved sufficient to identify the property;
- (2) the name and address of the owner with whom the prime contractor contracted;
- (3) the name and address of the lender providing construction financing; and
- (4) whether there is a payment bond and, if so, the name of the surety.
- (b) At the request of any person who may claim a lien through a claimant other than a prime contractor, the claimant shall
provide, within five days, the name of the person who contracted for the furnishing by the claimant of the labor,
materials, services, or equipment from which a lien claim may arise.
- (c) A person who receives a stop-lending notice or notice of right to lien identifying a project for which the person is
not the lender shall notify the claimant in writing within 10 days after receipt of the notice that the person is not
- (d) A claimant shall, within 10 days after receipt of a request, provide an owner or lender to whom the claimant has given
a stop-lending notice or notice of right to lien a written statement of the amount due to the claimant and unpaid.
- (e) [Repealed, Sec. 18 ch 102 SLA 1986].
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.