- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 35. Liens
- Section 100. Action Against Contractor On Lien.
previous: Section 95
. Amount of Lien.
next: Section 105
. Materials Not Subject to Process.
AS 34.35.100. Action Against Contractor On Lien.
- (a) Where a lien is recorded under AS 34.35.050
- 34.35.120 for work done or materials furnished to
a prime contractor, the prime contractor shall defend an action at the expense of the prime contractor, and during the
pendency of the action the owner may withhold from the prime contractor the amount of money for which the lien is
- (b) If judgment is given against the owner or the property of the owner upon the liens, the owner may deduct from the
amount due or to become due by the owner to the prime contractor the amount of the judgment and costs.
- (c) If the amount of the judgment and costs exceeds the amount due by the owner to the prime contractor, or if the owner
settles with that contractor in full, the owner may recover back from the prime contractor an amount paid by the owner
in excess of the contract price, and for which the prime contractor was originally liable.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.